Reverse the plans to scrap the free TV licence for over 75s
Add your name to our letter telling Old Bexley & Sidcup Conservative MP James Brokenshire Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government to reverse the plans to scrap the TV licence for over 75s.
- Poverty levels in this age group is 18.5% compared to 11% among the whole population.
- Our pensions are below that of Mexico & Chile one measurement puts us 36th in the world league.
- The German state pension is £26,000, the French state Pension is £15,811 and the British state pension is £7,488.
Old Bexley & Sidcup Labour believes:
- Free TV Licences for 75 year olds must continue.
- The Treasury concession to the BBC is due to end in June 2020 and there is a possibility that this burden may be passed on by the BBC, saving £745 million a year.
- This concession is to be reinstated.
What can you do?
Reverse the plans to scrap free TV licence for over 75s
You can manage your preferences or unsubscribe at any time. If you would like to know more about how we use your information please click here.