CLP EQUALITIES OFFICER (Non voting member of exec) As Equalities Officer your main responsibilities are:
- Making sure that ALL MEMBERS (BAME, LGBT, disabled, members with health or mental health issues, members of faith and non faith communities) members are included in all of the party’s activities and that meetings are relevant and accessible to ALL MEMBERS.
- Reaching out to members of minority groups in the wider community through local campaigns, and working with local organisations in the constituency to engage minority community voters, highlight issues, and get a better deal for members of minority communities.
- Bringing members of minority communities together to empower each other and gain the knowledge and skills they need get involved.
- Running events for minority community members, including training, policy development and social events.
- Working to recruit more members of minority communities into the Labour party and helping to make sure that they members make the jump from member to activist.
- Listening to the views of minority communities and ensuring that they are reflected in Labour’s policy making