James Brokenshire must publicly denounce plans to suspend Parliament
Add your name to our letter telling Old Bexley & Sidcup Conservative MP James Brokenshire to publicly denounce Boris Johnson’s plans to shut down parliament.
- Boris Johnson has asked the Queen to suspend parliament just days after MPs return to work in September.
- MPs would be scheduled to return only two weeks before the Brexit date.
- The speaker John Bercow has described it as a “constitutional outrage.”
Old Bexley & Sidcup Labour believes:
- That democracy and Parliament are under threat.
- That, no matter your political opinions, a Prime Minister should never be given absolute power over the direction of the most important decision in a generation.
- That James Brokenshire should publicly denounce Boris Johnson’s power grab.
What can you do?
- Add your name to our letter to James Brokenshire MP below.
- Use your social media voice to share on our Facebook or on our Twitter.